Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School!

Friday was the first day of school for my kids! I know what you're thinking - yes I am old and no I don't know why they started on a Friday. I HAVE TWO KIDS IN SCHOOL!!!!! Sorry, it's so weird I had to yell it!
Danielle started the 2nd grade, and Lilly started Kindergarten - which is in all day event out here in MO. So pretty much they take the bus to school together and come home on the bus together. They were both very brave and played the "cool" card - no tears just a bunch of hugs, kisses, and waves good-bye. What a milestone that day was. I was so proud to see my 2 grown-up kids going to school.






8 comments:

Amy said...

They are so beautiful...they didn't cry, but did you?

JoMama said...

Dang your old!

Like Amy said, they are beautiful!!

Marianne said...

wow, Danielle looks so grown up with her hair all done! And I can't believe Lilly went to Kindergarten! Haha, Kate seems happy to pose with them and send them off. This is the only time you've had one kid at home since Danielle was a baby, huh? I'll bet it feels weird :)

Crissi said...

hey all your pictures are so cute! This is so much fun!! Here is my blog site:

http://pauls6.blogspot.com/

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Cute pictures! We had fun today, thanks for coming over!

amy said...

karman, they looked so adorable! i am loving danielle's hair, it looks BEAUTIFUL...you make cute girls!! love you guys!

Lissa said...

I was thinking what Marianne said that Kate looks as happy and ready as the rest of them to go to school and pose with her backpack. How fun! They are beautiful and I miss them like CRAZY! Love you guys!

Sarah said...

It looks like Danielle has the "super confident, done this before" look, and Lily has the "I think I'm excited about this, but I'm maybe just a wee bit nervous" look. So cute. I can't believe how long Lily's hair is---Rapunzel look alike!

Also love Jeff's photos--he's quite the photographer!